If we look at ourselves we should be ashamed. It is true that we have progressed a lot in terms of technology and development but somehow we have neglected our health. We crave for unhealthy junk food. If we look back to older times people were not advanced as we are now but they were fit and healthy. They had simple lifestyles and more activity.
But in this age we grow up luxuriously and live stressful lives. But if we look closely it is not too difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here’s how:
- First decide what you want to achieve and then make a plan. If you are overweight then obviously you need to lose weight. If you are a model then you should aim to have a toned body.
- Be practical in your aims. If you spend long hours at your office job but you aim to have a chiseled body then probably it’s not going to work. You can’t think of building huge muscles and become a body builder overnight if you are a science student.
- Your mind is the key to everything. First of all learn to be happy with what you have. A stressed out mind won’t ever help you in attaining a healthy body.
- Eat healthy food like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nut and legumes, fish, meat. You need to avoid junk food and concentrate on healthy food. Fruits and vegetables have essential vitamins, minerals and fibers.
- Remember to drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated.
- Try to have a proper workout plan. Include cardiovascular activities along with weight training. Calculate how much calories you need and how much calories you are actually burning.